/ping

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CompanionCraft, Sep 28, 2017.

?

Do you want /ping and /tps

1. Yes

83.3%
  2. No

16.7%
  1. CompanionCraft

CompanionCraft New Member

Can it be brought back?

2. Thanius_

Thanius_ Member Sentry

^ please

3. Skuhoo

Skuhoo Active Member Guardian

Players have no business knowing other players' ping. You have access to your own via the server list and if you'd like to know another player's then you can ask them.

4. CompanionCraft

Why exactly?

5. Skuhoo

Skuhoo Active Member Guardian

For the same reasons players shouldn't be able to use /tps. You cannot change the server's tps or another player's ping, so having that information is meaningless, especially when players often used /ping and /tps as excuses for their problems.

6. CompanionCraft

It's still incredibly more convenient than having to PM someone. TPS I don't understand since it could explain some problems people were having. I really don't see why this decision was made.

7. BuscoNombre

BuscoNombre Member

Ik this post is old, but we should bring back /ping but without the hability of knowing others players pings, because as Skuhoo said it makes no sense, same for the tps.
    Instead knowing ur own ping, thats useful af. For some reason most of the multiplayers games let u know ur ping
    And about the point it can be use as excuses, i dont see why is this a problem. Excuses are excuses, they are fake, we shouldnt care about them, people will always find excuses with /ping or without it.

8. Cryptite

Cryptite Elder Staff Member Elder

This is now fixed.

gabrosen likes this.
  9. RayWard54

RayWard54 Member

and it's broken/turned off again (last time I checked, and that was yesterday). Not sure if this was intentional or breaking the server or something but I liked being able to see my own ping in game especially when I'm trying to build and blocks don't drop it's great to do /ping and figure out your connection instead of having to entirely log out to find it, and even then when you do that it doesn't always give you a correct number (or atleast the same one as the in game /ping), it's normally way better than the in game one says your connection is.

10. Cryptite

Cryptite Elder Staff Member Elder

/ping is the byproduct of a different plugin that we use to measure performance impacts of things on the server. We don't always have that plugin loaded, and that's when /ping and the /tps you're used to go away. It's plausible that we could implement our own, permanent /ping but it's not high on the priority list.