Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

PartayArc for PvE Dev

PartayArc

Sentry

Current rank: Sentry

Which role you are applying for: PvE developer

Why you think you should become this role: I care about Loka and I would love to help on events. I've designed NPC skins for previous a Loka event in the past, and this is something that I'd love to continue doing as a PvE dev. I feel that there is a lack of non-conquest activities, either for those who aren't interested in PvP or for when there's a lull in fights. Sadly, server quests have been lacking on Loka in the past several months and I would like to join the development team and help towards creating content and preventing potential delays in pushing quests.

As a recent example, Loka's 10-year anniversary quest was nonexistent. There was a quest for Cryptite's join date and that quest was a scavenger hunt. The quest was bland and somewhat annoying to complete. I invited some friends who were new to Loka to do the quest, expecting the quality of the Nether's Eve and Yuletide questlines, and sadly was disappointed. However, it helped motivate me to apply to become a PvE dev. The updates to the quest plugin have raised the bar of Loka's events, and I would love to be a part of the team helping to meet that bar or raise it further.

When you started playing on the server: Sep 12, 2017

Time zone: BST/PDT

How often do you play (hours a day/week): 4-6 hours per day

Favourite NPC on Loka: Asila, I am biased and I made her skin.

Example of a quest you would write if you were accepted: I would like to write quests that look into why the three continents are at war with each other, and why they compete on Rivina and Balak. I find it an interesting concept that towns and alliances fight for Continent Capital and World Capital, and I don't think that this premise has been referenced in quests before. Another idea is to explain how Preksak still lingers on Loka, and how this could be connected to the unrest.

Example of Skins: https://www.planetminecraft.com/collection/111060/rpmedieval-friendly-skins/

A few skins that aren't on my PMC that I've made.

wynncraft group skins.png

Last edited:

koi0001

Slicer
Oh boy do we need more skins

I invited some friends who were new to Loka to do the quest, expecting the quality of the Nether's Eve and Yuletide questlines, and sadly was disappointed.

This is a great attitude to have. Currently with the new quests being worked on by the team we're pushing a lot of new really really cool mechanics and hoping to create a better experience than 'oh yeah travel to balak' or the classic 'go dig some sand'; it's really cool to see you align with that goal.

You're a great fit partyarc!!!

FoxyBearGames

Sentry
Community Rep
+1 Arc would make for a great PVE Developer and would be an excellent addition to the team. I'd be more than happy to work with her going forward!

PartayArc

Sentry
Oh boy do we need more skins

This is a great attitude to have. Currently with the new quests being worked on by the team we're pushing a lot of new really really cool mechanics and hoping to create a better experience than 'oh yeah travel to balak' or the classic 'go dig some sand'; it's really cool to see you align with that goal.

You're a great fit partyarc!!!
It took a lot of convincing and skin making to apply for PvE. I still look back at the yuletide skins and just say "Wow I made that, but I can do better." Then now, I've made better skins that I am proud to say their my own.

I'll most likely post more skins in that collection whenever I have the chance. Medieval/Georgian (or any RP-friendly skin) takes lots of patience and research to find the right references and inspiration.

Castalina

Slicer
sHE deserves this more than anyone running in my opinion. Arc is a true artist and has a KEY eye for skin development. She created my new Castalina skin which I will never change. She is dedicated to Lokan story development and event creation, I highly recommend Arc for this role as I feel should be a priceless addition to the dev PvE team.