Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Castalina for Lore Dev

Castalina

Slicer
Fellow Loreist, Lokans, and Friends,

Since I found Loka, I fell in love with it. Its story, its player base, and the memories it brings with it. As you all know, I am Castalina, a die-hard roleplayer, lore writer, and builder (I PvP too but I don't claim to be good).

Current rank:
  • Slicer
Which role you are applying for:
  • Lore Dev
Why you think you should become this role:

1. I’m sure it’s no shock to everyone that I am a guy IRL who plays as an elf queen in a Minecraft game. *Insert jaw drop* However, that’s the glory of roleplay and lore, that you can create your mind's wildest creations. I said this because the story of Loka is just that, a wild brilliant creation that has captivated many people. I know this story means much to Crypt and Mag more than anyone, and I would be honored to help tell their story to the utmost of my ability.
  2. I am not sure if it's anyone else, but my brain is a nuclear reactor of creativity. I am someone who is always thinking of new ideas and stories and etc, I feel that is needed as a Lore Dev. Primarily because I see them as a reliant force to help keep the Lokan story alive and to keep it going strong with new ideas and etc.
  3. Now last time I had a major post, I was saying goodbye, so I’m sure some of you must be confused as to why I’m applying to the lore team. Fair. Also, many more of you may be skeptical of this application because I usually play Loka for a long time and then vanish for 7 months. In real life, I am in the military, now due to a lot of IRL stuff, come April I will not have an exotic lifestyle as I live now. Meaning, I will have much time to dedicate to Loka without mysteriously vanishing into thin air. Nevertheless, as of April of 2021 in about 3 months from now, my real-life situations have aligned perfectly to where I am willing to dedicate a lot more time to my passions to lore writing, creating and If I am granted this role now, I will be very willing to get to work on lore material and etc.
  4. I am submitting my application because I know it could take months for someone to get their application accepted so I decided to put my application in now to show my qualifications.

1. This being said I have some ideas of what I plan to hopefully accomplish by being in the lore team:
    1. Lokan Remastered Series - I want to educate all Lokans of our official history and where we come from. Although I understand that we have a wiki page, I feel our official story should be of easy access on our website as well. To accomplish this goal, if you go to the lore tab, it first pops up player lore and then a sub-page for roleplay at the very top. I would like to put official lokan lore on the main page when you click the lore tab. Then have two other subcategories that players can click on for Player Lore and Roleplay.
    2. Seasonal Lokan Lore Series - In each season (spring, summer, winter, fall), id like to commit to one lore series based on official lokan lore. I feel that although Loka has a story, it has never stopped and it continues to progress as we continue to interact with the game. Along with a Lore Series id like to do a lore event too each season. I know Loka has them every once in a while but id really like to push for one significant series each season to keep the player base engaged at the very least. I feel it would gain much popularity and much involvement from the community as I feel they would be very excited to partake in the current story building on the server.
    3. Explaining Cross-Continental Player Culture - (Personal research project of mine - You really don't have to read this one unless you want to) I don't need to be a lore dev to accomplish this, but nevertheless, I can do it if I'm in the role anyway. Basically, across all three continents, players have created a sense of culture that lingers but has not yet been defined on what culture each continent does have. I plan to find out what that culture is. Now you may be asking, what do I mean by culture? Well, based on true player events, they all have a common theme to them on each continent, which leads me to suspect there is a player culture on each continent as a result of past true events over the years.
In accordance with the story that Crypt and Mag want to be told to Loka, I will commit to helping be apart of that process. I also feel that we should answer some non-intentional plotholes in the lokan official lore.... id like to talk to staff more about that as well, so the story of Loka is flowing at its fullest potential. Generally speaking, another reason why I am applying is that I feel Loka has focused so much on PvE and PvP content that the Lore content has fallen behind in the shadows.

All in all, Loka is a beautiful story all in itself. From the player lore to the official server lore, Loka is rich in it. Id simply like to play my part as a fellow loreist to make Lokan lore the best it can be.

When you started playing on the server:
  • May 2017
Time zone:
  • CST or MST (Depends)
How often do you play (hours a day/week): (2-3 days currently) - I expect to dedicate much more time come April.

Examples of previous writing/lore:

https://www.lokamc.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-southern-horns-series.4682/

https://www.lokamc.com/forums/index.php?threads/lokan-lore-concept-art.4740/

https://www.lokamc.com/forums/index.php?threads/destiny-calls-p-3-north-winds-finale.4512/

https://www.lokamc.com/forums/index.php?threads/destiny-calls-p-2-rise-of-elrohir.4445/

https://www.lokamc.com/forums/index.php?threads/destiny-calls-p-1-day-of-days.4441/

https://www.lokamc.com/forums/index.php?threads/stories-of-elrohir.4230/

Thanks for reading my application!

Last edited:

DFG1125

Slicer
Logging in for the first time in about a year to give my man a +1

As someone who has spent a pretty decent amount of time in a town with Cas, I can attest that he always has some sort of lore brewing up there, and that he is very passionate about it, just don't bust too many heads when you get in there ;D

PartayArc

Sentry
+1 Loka needs a new lore master to replace MasterAegon and to give the official lore some more light. The problem with Loka’s server lore is the contradictions with it. There were many theories about where the guardians got their powers from and how do sentries fit into the lore. How did Cryptite become a god? Is loka still magic-tech or is it just tech or just magic? I hope loka will still be magic-tech..

FoxyBearGames

Sentry
Community Rep
+1 Loka needs a new lore master to replace MasterAegon and to give the official lore some more light. The problem with Loka’s server lore is the contradictions with it. There were many theories about where the guardians got their powers from and how do sentries fit into the lore. How did Cryptite become a god? Is loka still magic-tech or is it just tech or just magic? I hope loka will still be magic-tech..
Another loremaster is something we need... Cast for loremaster...

Castalina

Slicer

THAT is the type of digging I want to do. That is the type of justice I wish to bring to the lore. I read the lore but there is just so much that I could do to help make it better. I know Mag did say at some point that there were intentional cliff hangers but at some point we need to provide enough clarity to the reader in order to draw realistic conclusions on what they might interpret from the Lokan story. That’s one thing I would really like to investigate and pick apart if put into this role, is the story itself. Lore makes us who we are, how we play, and the player culture we currently have. It’s influence is limitless if used very effectively and could reimagine how the game is currently played. You just need to do it right in order to get the right results, I feel I could be a servant to play in the bigger picture at hand on the story that has been told and great story to come.

PartayArc

Sentry
I know Mag did say at some point that there were intentional cliff hangers but at some point we need to provide enough clarity to the reader in order to draw realistic conclusions on what they might interpret from the Lokan story.
There are too many cliff hangers where people would be confused. It’s hard to get into the loka lore without someone explaining it to you in better detail. Jedoi made a lore timeline on the wiki, but I have no clue what is still Loka canon.

Castalina

Slicer
I mean. You're not wrong... I want to explain the story like a kid is explaining something to his grandmother.

I remember a long time ago of someone posting the timeline... I copy and pasted it. I have a word doc dedicated to lokan lore, I copy and pasted the official server story in it, from there I plan to edit it and if granted the role, I could present my suggested edits and findings to Crypt / Mag / etc.

Timeline attached:
  • Lokan Lore Timeline but I would need to get some of these things confirmed so it matches the current story.

First Age/Second Age (I don't know where the split is for this)

1. Arrival of the First Slicers
  2. Discovery of the Artifact
  3. Gradual Settlement of the Newly Discovered World
  4. Arrival of the Harvesters/Beginning of Preksak's Exploits
  5. Discovery of the Knife in the Nether
  6. Preksak's Revenge
  7. Raid on the Observatory

Third Age

1. The Buried Pyramid
  2. (Events in the Era of War)
  3. ...
  4. Battle of the Spire

Fourth Age

1. (Events in the Era of Thieves)
  2. ...
  3. The Obelisk and the Blight
  4. (I don't know what the real "event" was that brought everyone to the new world)

Nameless Age

1. A Dormant and Unstable World
  2. The Dimensional Fold

Fifth Age

1. Beginnings of Conquest
  2. ...

FoxyBearGames

Sentry
Community Rep
There are too many cliff hangers where people would be confused. It’s hard to get into the loka lore without someone explaining it to you in better detail. Jedoi made a lore timeline on the wiki, but I have no clue what is still Loka canon.
The major issue with Canon is whether or not to consider every bit of writing from someone on the Lore team or all the writing from someone like Jedoi to be canon. There needs to be a more clear differentiation between what is someone's personal lore and what they write for Canon loka lore. Probably something worth bringing up to mag at the next LCR meeting now that I think of it.

Castalina

Slicer
I think you can always just explain it by generations.

I have that as one of my suggestions!

The major issue with Canon is whether or not to consider every bit of writing from someone on the Lore team or all the writing from someone like Jedoi to be canon. There needs to be a more clear differentiation between what is someone's personal lore and what they write for Canon loka lore. Probably something worth bringing up to mag at the next LCR meeting now that I think of it.

To be frank, Jed in my eyes was Lokan lore in living form. She was my inspiration to get more involved in it, and I owe a big thanks to WizardTeePot as well. You do highlight a major fact though, how do we clearly separate lokan lore from player lore that goes along with lokan lore?

• My answer to that: I believe if my suggestion to organize the lore category on the website, it would begin to serve as an antidote to show players what is what. We just need to really enforce that barrier of server lore and player lore. That is the big thing about lore.... it can get VERY messy. I have had to scrap so many ideas because I confused my own self in lore.

FoxyBearGames

Sentry
Community Rep
My answer to that: I believe if my suggestion to organize the lore category on the website, it would begin to serve as an antidote to show players what is what. We just need to really enforce that barrier of server lore and player lore. That is the big thing about lore.... it can get VERY messy. I have had to scrap so many ideas because I confused my own self in lore.
Frankly a huge issue in general with conveying information to people on loka is the website. So much stuff isn't explained there and it really should be, in both text and video form.

PartayArc

Sentry
My answer to that: I believe if my suggestion to organize the lore category on the website, it would begin to serve as an antidote to show players what is what. We just need to really enforce that barrier of server lore and player lore. That is the big thing about lore.... it can get VERY messy. I have had to scrap so many ideas because I confused my own self in lore.
Its also what exactly is the lore and where can you find it all?